Saturday, July 7, 2007

everything and the kitchen sink

About 4000 pounds of IKEA boxes along with one kitchen sink arrived at my house a couple of weeks ago. It took about 2 months for me to get it. I placed my final order on April 29th, in time for the 10% back deal, and it was delivered on June 27th.

Do not let that time frame scare you. Everywhere else in the world the delivery time will be greatly decreased. The first scheduled delivery was for May 30th, only a month out. My kitchen actually arrived in Utah about May 15th, but the delivery company only comes to my half of the state every two weeks. We were in Yellowstone on the 30th, so I rescheduled for their next delivery date, June 15th. Besides it was not like we actually had a room to put the stuff in. One June 15th, I had to fly out to Chicago for a funeral and the shipping company had no problem with another 2 weeks of storage and a delivery at the end of June.

We actually had the dry wall up before the IKEA deluge arrived.

No comments: