Thursday, August 2, 2007

details, details, details

























I found a post on IKEA FANS titled Fess Up!! Lessons Learned During Installation.
From that post, I learned that you have to put your drawer supports in before you place the base cabinets, especially 30" and 36" cabinets. I also learned that you should go through your IKEA order and find out which cabinets have extra parts. I went through and highlighted the part number and then the whole name when I was done.



















I thought I was done with my 3 drawer cabinets, when I discovered 3 more sets of drawer parts. So I had 9 15" drawer boxes number 30107066 and 3 15" drawer boxes number 4010708. I had already opened and installed a 401 instead of a 301 but it turns out that the supports are all the same, only the drawer part is different.

I discovered that I could break the wrap on the drawer boxes and just lift out the support bars and the bag of parts. This way the drawer parts all stay in their plastic wrap and won't get lost. We are still dealing with getting our hardwood floor in, so the IKEA stuff keeps getting moved and moved again.

No comments: